Atlas Financial Holdings, Inc. and Affiliates
By visiting the Atlas Website, the Producer Portal, the Lyft Portal, and/or otherwise accessing, purchasing and/or using the Services available therein, you agree that your non-public personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy, the Terms of Service for the Website and/or the Portal, and your applicable insurance policy terms, which are incorporated by reference into this Policy and include applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes.
- The words “Affiliate” or “Affiliates” refers to any entity that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with, Atlas Financial Holdings, Inc.
- The words “Atlas”, “Our”, “We”, “Us” or “Atlas Group of Companies” mean Atlas Financial Holdings, Inc. and its Affiliates.
- The word “Portal” refers to the Producer Portal and/or any other or similar Atlas websites, Atlas web pages, and Atlas web portals requiring an account with log in credentials.
- The words “Service” or “Services” mean the insurance and related services or products reviewed, accessed, provided and/or purchased through the Website or the Portal.
- The word “Website” refers to the web site and web pages comprising the Atlas Financial Holdings, Inc. Website at www.atlas-fin.com, and all associated and/or related Atlas web sites, web pages and web portals.
- The words “You”, “Your” or “User” mean the user of the Website, and/or the Portal, and/or the Services.
Non-Public Personal Information We Collect
Non-public personal information is personally identifiable financial information about you obtained by Atlas in connection with providing products and services to you. It includes information provided by you, obtained by us, or resulting from your transactions with us, our Affiliates or others. It does not include information available to the general public. We collect non-public personal information from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on the Website, the Portal, applications or other forms. This information may include your name, address, social security number, health and financial information, and may be received in person, by mail, by phone, by facsimile, or via the Internet.
- Information about your Services and transactions with us, our Affiliates or others. This could include, among other things, information to adjust, investigate or settle your insurance claims, your claims history, billing and payment information and coverage selections.
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies. This information is generally used in connection with the application process. It may include motor vehicle reports, claims reports, credit histories and information we receive from a customer report or investigative consumer report.
Other Information We May Collect Automatically
Parties to Whom We May Disclose Non-Public Personal Information
- Affiliates. We will disclose your non-public personal information only as permitted or required by law. We do not currently disclose non-public personal information about you to our Affiliates, except as permitted by law. If we disclose non-public personal information about you to our Affiliates (i.e., THE ATLAS GROUP OF COMPANIES), it will be to respond to your needs and to provide information about products or services offered by our Affiliates. Non-public personal information is treated with the same standards of confidentiality among all Atlas Affiliates. We may share information among our Affiliates about your accounts or our experiences or transactions with you. This includes identification information, account balance information and payment histories. To underwrite your insurance, we may share your consumer report or investigative consumer report among our Affiliate underwriting companies. By applying for insurance with us, you consent to our sharing of this information among our Affiliate insurance underwriting companies. We will not otherwise share your consumer report or investigative consumer report among our Affiliates.
- Non-Affiliates. We do not disclose non-public personal information about you to non-affiliated third parties except as permitted or required by law. We may disclose non-public personal information in connection with the servicing or processing of an insurance product or service that you request or authorize. These services may include check processing, data processing and claims handling functions. We may also disclose non-public personal information with non-affiliated third parties that perform marketing services on our behalf, with other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements, or as permitted by law.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors, representatives, agents, consultants, adjusters and others who perform functions for us or our Affiliates, or on behalf of us or our Affiliates. We may also as necessary disclose information to our, and/or our Affiliates, auditors, law firms, accountants, legal advisors, and other advisors. These third parties may be located outside the United States.
- Consumer Reporting Agencies. We may share your information with consumer reporting agencies in accordance with and as authorized by law.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- Compliance with the Law and Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you to our insurance regulators, and others in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena or other legal process.
- Employees and Other Parties. We restrict access to your non-public personal information to those employees and other parties necessary to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to guard your non-public personal information. Please be aware that no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share and disclose aggregate or de-identified information about users or derived from our users’ use of the Website, Portal and/or Services with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, analytical or similar purposes.
How We Use Your Information
- To provide our Services to you, including to quote, make available and sell insurance policies to you in accordance with the terms or our policy agreement, as part of the underwriting process, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To verify your identity, to confirm the information you have provided us, to prevent and detect fraud, to evaluate, assess, investigate and settle your claims, and similar purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Services. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information (including those offered by third parties) we think may interest you.
- To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Services, respond to user desires and preferences, aggregate data across multiple users, and for other research and analytical purposes (such as analyzing and composing reports on trends, which may be sold to third parties).
- To conduct insurance-related risk analysis in order to offer you our Services.
- To enforce Policy, Terms, policy agreement and other agreements, to investigate or protect against fraud and unauthorized activities, related to litigation in which we are involved, and in support of our legal and regulatory obligations.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Website, Portal and Services, while others allow us to track your activities at our Website, Portal and Services.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Website or Portal who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Website or Portal, but some features may not function.
Request Access, Correction and Deletion
You have the right to access and request correction of the information contained in our records about you, and request a list of third parties to whom we have disclosed your personal information. To request access to this information, or to request correction, deletion or a copy of the personal information and records we maintain about you, please send us a written request to: Atlas Financial Holdings, Inc., ATTN: Consumer Requests, 953 American Lane, 3rd Floor, Schaumburg, IL 60173. We will notify you of our response to your request, and if we decline your request, we will notify you of the reasons, and give you the opportunity to object to our decision.
Request a Copy of this Policy
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Last Updated date. We may changes this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes by updating this Policy at https://www.atlas-fin.com/home/privacy. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change, such as by emailing your email address of record.
Copyright and Trademark Notices
All contents of the Atlas Website or Portal are Copyright © 2019 Atlas Financial Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Except as otherwise required or limited by applicable law, any reproduction, distribution, modification, retransmission, or publication of any copyrighted material is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of the copyright owner, holder, or licensee.
“Atlas Financial Holdings, Inc.”, the company logo, and all related product and service names, design marks, and slogans, including those of Our Affiliates, are Our trademarks or service marks. Other trademarks, names, logos and products on the Website that do not belong to Us are the property of their respective owners.
The example companies, organizations, products, people and events depicted herein are fictitious. No association with any real company, organization, product, person, or event is intended or should be inferred.
References on the Website or Portal to any names, marks, products, or services of third-party sites or information are provided solely as a convenience to You and do not in any way constitute or imply Our endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation of the third party, information, product, or service.
Notices and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement under United States copyright law should be sent to Service Provider's Designated Agent. ALL INQUIRIES NOT RELEVANT TO THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE WILL RECEIVE NO RESPONSE. See Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement.
Any submissions by You to Us (e.g., comments, questions, suggestions, materials; collectively, “Feedback”) through any communication whatsoever (e.g., letter, telephone call, fax, email) will be treated as both non-confidential and non-proprietary. Except as prohibited by applicable law, You hereby assign all right, title, and interest in, and We are free to use, without any attribution or compensation to You, any ideas, know-how, concepts, techniques, or other intellectual property and proprietary rights contained in the Feedback, whether or not patentable, for any purpose whatsoever. Where the foregoing assignment is prohibited by law, you hereby grant Us an exclusive, transferable, worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid up license (including the right to sublicense) to use and exploit all Feedback as We may determine in our sole and exclusive discretion.
The Parties hereto have expressly agreed and required that this agreement and all documents and notices relating thereto be drafted in the English language.
If You have any questions about these Terms or otherwise need to contact Us for any reason, You can reach Us at: email@example.com. Or you may write to us at Atlas Financial Holdings, 953 American Lane, 3rd Floor, Schaumburg, IL 60173.
Last Updated: May 20, 2019